History of our School
All Saints' was founded by the Church in 1849.
It was known for many years as ‘The National School’.
During its earliest years, Alfred Lord Tennyson was one of the School Managers.
The old building of Island Stone forms the centre of the school. In 1875 the school was enlarged, then in the 1960’s it was further updated and extended. In 1998 a new Foundation unit was built, adding two new classrooms, an outdoor play area and a small meeting room.
In April 2011 All Saints' celebrated its 160th birthday. There was a display of memorabilia and each
class made a display showing school life through the decades. The children and staff dressed up in
Victorian costume and a street party was held on the playground at lunchtime.